Ask a question about League or Riot, and we’ll try to answer it. Answers go live every other Thursday at 1:30 pm (PT)
As we draw 2019 to a close, we have so much to be thankful for here at the LCS.
While we prep for our strongest season yet, we wanted to take a beat to celebrate the wins – big and small – that made up our year.
It’s been a good one. We’ve welcomed new partners – from Honda to Alienware and cheered along with over 53k live fans from our LCS studios to Detroit and St Louis. We’ve partnered with our host cities and boosted their local economy contributing $5.44m in Detroit alone. Along the way we’ve made LCS the third most popular major professional sports league among 18-34 year olds in the United States.
With 11 new partners joining the LCS and 91% returning or on multiyear deals, more brands than ever embraced our sport in fun and creative ways including:
- Rocket Mortgage became the first-ever presenting sponsor of LCS Finals
- Honda sponsored Scouting Grounds and the MVP Award
- Alienware supported Champ Select and created a custom belt for the 2v2 championship for Rift Rivals: NA vs EU
- Red Bull Power Play powered Baron Buff
- State Farm doubled down on spicy analyst moments on the desk, extending their sponsorship through 2021
We’re proud of everything the LCS has achieved this year – and we couldn’t have done it without the fans, teams, players, coaches, managers and more that make up our community. To celebrate, here’s a few facts and figures from the year:
The LCS returns on January 25, 2020. We’ll share more details about what we have in store for the 2020 Season in early January.