Ask a question about League or Riot, and we’ll try to answer it. Answers go live every other Thursday at 1:30 pm (PT)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY. IT IS GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW AND OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 STATES CONSTITUTING THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF THE 50 STATES CONSTITUTING THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Secretlab 2019 LCS Golden Chair Sweepstakes (this “Sweepstakes”) begins on August 20, 2019 at 2:00 PM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on August 31, 2019 at 12:00 AM PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- HOW THE SWEEPSTAKES WORKS. This Sweepstakes will award ONE prize winner ONE golden LCS Edition Secretlab chair on August 31, 2019.
- ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 states comprising the United States of America (including the District of Columbia) (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Area”) who are at least 18 years old and have reached the age of majority in her or his state of residence, either (i) on the date of entry, or (ii) on the date that she or he provided her or his summoner or in-game name to the Sponsor (see “How to Enter” below) (“Entrant”). The following persons are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes or win any prize:
- Legal entities or organizations (i.e., any corporations, partnerships, companies, or entity that is not an individual human being);
- Individuals who have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving moral turpitude and who are in violation of a civil or regulatory judgment or order (such as an order to pay child support, spousal support, alimony, tax payments, etc.);
- Employees, directors, and officers of Secretlab SG Pte. Ltd., Riot Games, Inc. (“Riot Games”), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, agents, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfilment and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and household members (whether or not related); or
- Any person who, if permitted to enter the Sweepstakes, would cause any of the persons described in Section 3(c) to be in violation of any laws, regulations, requirements or guidelines of any governmental authority, whether at the federal, state or local level.
Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s (as defined below) decisions, which are FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
Any right to receive a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements and conditions of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the winner.
- DISQUALIFICATIONS. Entrants who are not located within the boundaries of the 50 states constituting the United States of America and the District of Columbia when they first register to participate in the Tournament (defined below) through the Watch Missions Site (defined below) will be disqualified from participating in this Sweepstakes. Riot Games will have the sole discretion to determine whether an Entrant is located within the boundaries of the specified geographic region at the time of Entrant’s initial registration for the Tournament.
- SPONSOR. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Secretlab SG Pte. Ltd., a Singapore private limited company (“Sponsor” or “Secretlab”), of 994 Bendemeer Road, #03-07, Singapore 339943, Republic of Singapore.
- HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES. Entries must be submitted during the Sweepstakes Period. There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
- Online Entry. Entrants can also enter the Sweepstakes by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject matter listed as “Secretlab 2019 LCS Summer Golden Chair Sweepstakes” and containing all of the following information relating to the Entrant (an “Online Registration”):
- full name (as reflected on any official records, such as a driver’s license, passport, passport card, or equivalent);
- e-mail address which Entrant checks regularly;
- physical address; and
- the following statement: “I declare that I am at least 18 years old and am of majority age in my state of residence.”
Each Online Registration submitted must meet all of the requirements described above to receive ONE entry into the random drawing. Registrations that do not meet all of the requirements are automatically disqualified.
- ONLY ONE ENTRY PER ENTRANT. Each Mission Registration and Online Registration (collectively, the “Registrations”) counts as ONE entry into a random drawing (an “Entry”). Each Entrant is limited to one Entry during the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of the method of entry. Sponsor has the exclusive right to determine whether an Entrant has submitted multiple Registrations and/or attempted to receive more Entries than allowed. Any attempt made by the same individual to submit multiple Registrations and/or to receive more Entries than allowed as described above, in violation of these Official Rules (such as by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, and/or logins, or any other methods) are prohibited. All Entries made by any such individual will be disqualified if detected. Automated Entries are prohibited and use of any automated or computer system to participate in the Sweepstakes is prohibited and will result in disqualification if detected. Entrants will not necessarily be notified of disqualification.
- MISCELLANEOUS CHARGES. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your internet service provider may apply. If entering via mobile device, normal phone and usage charges imposed by your mobile service carrier may apply. Normal phone/usage/subscription access charges imposed by your mobile service carrier will apply. Standard data rates may apply if entering via mobile device. All Entries shall be the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, Entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address associated with the Entry (or, in the case of an Entry through a Mission Registration, the e-mail address associated with the Twitter® account used to direct message the Entrant’s summoner or in-game name to Sponsor. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
- RANDOM DRAWING AND ODDS OF WINNING. A random drawing to select ONE prize winner will be conducted from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, on or about August 31, 2019. Drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Approximate odds of winning the prize are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION. The potential prize winner (“Winner”) will be notified by e-mail beginning on or about August 31, 2019. If Sponsor does not receive a reply via e-mail in response to its e-mail win notification within 24 hours of its notification, an alternate potential prize winner will be selected, time permitting. Prior to being declared a Winner, the relevant Entrant must, within SEVEN calendar days, be required to electronically sign and return, via e-mail, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Public Release/Assignment of Rights (“Required Paperwork”) to, among other things: (i) confirm the Entrant’s compliance with these Official Rules; and (ii) confirm her or his consent, agreement and acceptance of the release, representations and warranties specified in these Official Rules. Entrant’s failure to return the Required Paperwork within SEVEN calendar days may result in the forfeiture of her/his prize, and Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, select an alternate winner, time permitting. Sponsor will exercise reasonable efforts to deliver the prize to the Winner within 30 calendar days of receiving her or his accurately completed Required Paperwork. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact an Entrant due to any error in, or change to, any contact information previously provided by the Entrant. The potential winner is subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. An Entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until her/his eligibility has been verified and Sponsor has notified the Entrant that the verification of her/his eligibility is complete. If any Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or if prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, or Winner does not respond to notification in the time set forth herein, or she or he does not otherwise accept the prize as awarded, such Winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to require any potential Sweepstakes winner to provide information necessary for Sponsor to conduct a background check to confirm that such party meets the eligibility criteria described in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any non-eligible Entrant.
BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, THE WINNER ACCEPTS THE FULL TAX LIABILITY FOR THE TOTAL POTENTIAL VALUE OF THE PRIZE and any fees or costs associated with the prize (excluding delivery and handling charges associated with the mailing and delivery of the prize to the Winner).
- PRIZE; APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE. Only ONE prize will be awarded to the winner of the Sweepstakes. The prize is a golden LCS Edition Secretlab chair with an approximate retail value of USD $349 (“ARV”). Substitution, cash redemption, transfer of prize, refund or credit for changes by the winner are not allowed. However, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. The ARV of the prize is as of the date of printing of these Official Rules. The difference in value of the prize and its value at the time of prize notification, if any, will not be awarded.
In the event the “Watch and Earn” mission and/or the Tournament are cancelled or postponed for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and no additional compensation will be provided. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or cancellation of the “Watch and Earn” mission and/or the Tournament due to unforeseen circumstances, or those outside of Sponsor’s control.
- GENERAL ENTRY RULES. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and her/his Entry) determined to be in violation of these Official Rules or determined to have acted in an otherwise disruptive or dishonest manner or who tampers with the Entry process. Neither Sponsor nor Riot Games is responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise or any incomplete or inaccurate information resulting from same. Proof of submission of Entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems beyond the control of the Sponsor and may award the prize from among all non-suspect eligible Entries received prior to cancellation, if any, in a manner it deems equitable and fair.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
ALL DECISIONS BY SPONSOR ARE FINAL. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, DO NOT ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering this Sweepstakes (or by accepting the prize), Entrant agrees (and agrees to confirm in writing if requested), to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Riot Games and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, licensors, franchisees, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any: (i) act, failure to act, delay, or error relating to the transmitting or processing of Entries or the notification of Sweepstakes win; (ii) lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected Entries or for any failure of twitter.com or the website that hosts the Mission Registration, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the Sweepstakes; (iii) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Sweepstakes; (iv) any conditions caused by events beyond the control of the Released Parties that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any losses, liabilities, or damages of any kind resulting directly or indirectly from awarding, receipt, acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize awarded to Entrant in the Sweepstakes, including any item redeemed therewith or from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes; (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials relating to the Sweepstakes; (vii) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize; or (viii) any misuse or loss of personally identifiable information that an Entrant submits to Riot Games as a result of Entrant’s election to participate in the Sweepstakes through the Watch Missions Site.
- PUBLICITY AND THE USE OF ENTRANT’S NAME AND LIKENESS. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, THE WINNER GRANTS TO SPONSOR AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO SPONSOR’S AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE INTERNET, SOCIAL MEDIA APPLICATIONS, OR VIA WIRELESS APPLICATION PROTOCOL, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE WINNER’S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, ENTRY, FOOTAGE (IF APPLICABLE), IMAGE, AVATAR, SIGNATURE, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSE (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNER’S NAME VIA PUBLIC BROADCAST MEDIUM OR THE INTERNET) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION OR NOTIFICATION.
An Entrant who is a Winner must agree to allow her/his information to be made publicly available on a winner’s list.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND GOVERNING LAW. ANY DISPUTE ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THESE OFFICIAL RULES, INCLUDING ANY QUESTION REGARDING ITS EXISTENCE, VALIDITY OR TERMINATION, SHALL BE REFERRED TO AND FINALLY RESOLVED BY ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL ARBITRATION CENTRE (“SIAC”) IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE ARBITRATION RULES OF THE SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL ARBITRATION CENTRE (“SIAC RULES”) FOR THE TIME BEING IN FORCE, WHICH RULES ARE DEEMED TO BE INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE IN THIS SECTION. THE SEAT OF THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE SINGAPORE. THE TRIBUNAL SHALL CONSIST OF ONE ARBITRATOR. THE LANGUAGE OF THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE ENGLISH. EACH ENTRANT (OR PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN IF ENTRANT IS DEEMED A MINOR IN HER/HIS STATE OF RESIDENCE) AGREES THAT THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER (AND HERBY WAIVES THE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM) PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, YOU AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND/OR CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF, OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARD SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
- NO THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARY. No third party shall have any right to enforce any provision of these Official Rules, whether under the provisions of Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) or otherwise.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES. By entering into this Sweepstakes, Entrant represents and warrants that: (i) any information supplied by Entrant (including personally identifiable information) is accurate; (ii) Entrant has the right to provide such information to Sponsor and to grant the consents to Sponsor’s use such information as described elsewhere in these Official Rules; (iii) use of such information by Sponsor in the Sweepstakes, as described in these Official Rules or for other promotional purposes will not violate the rights of Entrant or any third party; and (iv) that Entrant has reached the age of majority in her or his state of residence.
- WINNER’S LIST. For a period of at least 30 days from August 31, 2019 onwards, you may obtain from the Sponsor the list of the winner of this Sweepstakes by sending your request to: Secretlab SG Pte. Ltd., 994 Bendemeer Road, #03-07, Singapore 339943, Republic of Singapore.
This Sweepstakes is not offered, sponsored, or administered by Riot Games, Inc.
Entrant expressly and irrevocably waives all claims against Riot Games and its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents and agrees that Riot Games and its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with this Sweepstakes or the prizes awarded.
Secretlab SG Pte. Ltd. shall not be liable for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Secretlab®, and other trademarks and/or logos used herein are trademarks/logos of Secretlab SG Pte. Ltd. in the United States and/or other countries.
League of Legends and Riot Games are trademarks, service marks, or registered trademarks of Riot Games, Inc.