Ask a question about League or Riot, and we’ll try to answer it. Answers go live every other Thursday at 1:30 pm (PT)
- UB Sleeping (from the University at Buffalo) had a player not on their Active Roster share the account of one of their players in an official College Season match against NYU Violet.
- As a result, the school, the rostered players and the team’s manager are disqualified from the 2019 College Season and suspended for the rest of the season.
It was determined that a UB player not on the team’s Active Roster was playing on Kyle “FreSHKiCKs” Tran’s account during the University at Buffalo’s match against NYU Violet. Ringing is a serious offense. It misleads opponents who have prepared for the match, it circumvents roster rules meant to create a fair playing field, and it breaks trust with fans, players, and the league itself.
18.104.22.168 Ringing. Playing under another player’s account or soliciting, inducing, encouraging or directing someone else to play under another player’s account.
UB Sleeping has violated rule 22.214.171.124 of the College Season.
- NYU Violet is awarded a victory for their match against the University at Buffalo
- UB Sleeping and the University at Buffalo are disqualified from the 2019 College Season
- The following players and team staff are suspended from College Season activities for the remainder of the 2018-2019 school year:
- Eric Liew – BlurryFlurry
- Bin Ying Zhong – Gentle Thrust
- Kenta Nakayama – Wumbowama
- Kyle Tran – FreSHKiCKs
- Huang Li – Oriku
- Jason Seet – ionic
- Raul Babilonia – Raúl
- Yinuo Chen – LetMeCryA Riven
- James Choi – BakaJam